I just clicked on the Opening Ceremony page of the 2012 Olympics|London and we now have 3 hours and 19 minutes to go before all we hear (like it’s not happening already) for the next two weeks will be about the Olympics.
I was a much bigger fan when I was younger. I loved both the summer and the winter Olympics. Now I am a bit meh about the whole thing (I hate to admit) though the opening ceremonies are hard to resist. They are very much equal to a mix of high concept runway show and high octane Cirque du Soleil (with slow parts in between).
There’s been a lot more fashion talk than usual about the designers for the Olympics, Stella McCartney’s participation definitely helped. Even Ab Fab came back from the dead to participate (I love those women!)
I watched the Olympic episode last night and the funniest bit were the ones with and about Stella.
And if you are itching for some Olympic gear of your own it is everywhere, but I really liked what Nautica came up with for a Dandi sports look.
Photo’s courtesy of:
- 2012 Summer Olympics: From The Opening To Closing Ceremonies (And Everything In Between) (sbnation.com)
- London set for Olympic opening ceremony (bigpondnews.com)
- The official opening of the London Olympics 2012 (itv.com)
- London 2012: The Fashion Olympics (utsandiego.com)
- High-end designers are competing for gold (boston.com)
- Let the Games Begin! (brilliant-london.com)